Thursday, 23 January 2014

Christmas can make such a difference!

Maybe it's the time of year, just getting over a lurgy and an imminent milestone birthday. But I had been feeling a bit low at the start of this week. I was also getting a bit fed up with everyone asking what I was doing to celebrate my 'big' birthday. I had previously decided I'd turn the year into a year of celebrations. With the big day looming it was starting to feeling like everyone around me was seriously unimpressed with my lack of big party, wowy trip abroad or similar. It was starting to get me down. Conversely some of those closest to me appeared for various reasons totally unprepared. A stressy day at work on Monday and by the time Chief was due to drive down on Tuesday night I was feeling completely underwhelmed about it all.

That all changed when he arrived because it was officially Christmas day.  Our Christmas day. We'd not seen each other since before Christmas and he'd been telling me for weeks how he'd got me some seriously good presents. He was not joking. The man had asked for ideas and I'd given him a few suggestions, not for one minute thinking he'd buy ALL of them and add to them with a few treats of his own.

Do you remember those years as a child when you asked Father Christmas for something and you actually got it?! That feeling of Oh.Emm.Gee long before that phrase was fashionable? Well that's how I felt opening this little lot.


All my lovely swag from Chief
So much swag!

Christmas Surprises

I didn't actually care what happened for my birthday. I seemed to have been spoilt rotten already. 



12 comments:

  1. Aww clever chief and well deserved! Glad you're feeling the Christmas spirit, i hope the birthday one follows :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, well done Chief! Loving the bunny :oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bin men have been so slack, we still have the tree outside if you want it!! Nice haul xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What really lovely presents. It's the whoop whoop when someone shows they really know you well and have really thought about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job Chief! What a lovely lot of goodies. :D

    Not to worry about the "big" b'day (a "Zero" number?), you really won't feel much different at all. I remember my Dad telling me, when he was about 90, that there were times that, in his head at least, he still was only 21! And I really know he was right too. ;) Relax & do whatever will make you happiest for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday for whenever that was ;) Love your bunny!! I am also intrigued by Forces Sauces....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Lucky you. I love a man that knows how to do presents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Chief, and well done Jan! Happy birthday, as well. You should be allowed to do exactly as much or as little as you please for your birthday, and spending time with Chief is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the present buying front, Chief! Happy birthday, Jan. I have a feeling I've missed it by a couple of days...sorry about that! I hope you had a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad you got so many presents ... you wanted xx AND that it cheered you up .. its the lack of sun as much as anything .. so maybe it will shine for your special birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bunny lamp. My youngest has a rabbit obsession.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)