Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Fabriholics Anonymous - Check in time

Hi my name's Jan and I'm a Fabriholic.

That's the easy part. Admitting that I kind of love fabric so much I can't stop buying it and sometimes hoarding it away until the perfect project comes along. Given how much fabric I own and how much sewing I've done I do wonder if I don't have too much fabric. So it was a no brainer for me to sign up to 6 months of fabric fasting with Fabriholics Anonymous.

But how have I done this first month?

Well, the only fabric I have bought are these vintage pillow cases. When I signed up I said the exception to my fabric purchasing would be vintage sheeting. For one there is a swap imminent and also vintage sheets are so rare around these parts it would be silly of me to leave any behind in a charity shop.


@memmens look I found pillow cases this am. Yellow is mt fav'

No other fabric has been purchased. I've even sent some little scraps out of my stash to others. I think I've done pretty well considering there was a big UK destash going on the other weekend on IG. But even though I followed the feeds with delight I didn't place a single bid. Afterwards I didn't really feel I'd missed out on anything. I think it may have been worse to have wanted something and tried for it only to be pipped to the post - Looking for the silver lining there!

Of course my lack of sewing time this month due to lurgys and birthdays has meant I've been less fabric focused. Oh and Saturday night Chief asked to see his quilt. He said it was OK. (This is as enthusiastic as he gets really.) He said he would have preferred it without the tools but it was ok and he liked the back only the green was very bright. His next comment was when will it be finished.  Ha! His guess is as good as mine. I've got to work out how to baste the beast first!

FabAnon

14 comments:

memmens said...

I'd be so gutted if you'd not allowed yourself to buy sheets, you should never leave them behind! Well done.

Ella said...

Excellent job!

Sonia said...

Good vintage finds! Well done on the no buying x

Sonia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LethargicLass said...

Great job on the first month! I also didn't buy anything from the IG destashes and feel pretty good about it!

Cindy Sharp said...

Well done.

Charlotte said...

Ha! Men!!!!

Kay said...

Good for you!! I have been a naughty girl. I ordered some Liberty from Ali at Very Berry, and some precuts yesterday that were being sold on ebay at a good price. I will try harder in February. I don't feel too bad as today is my birthday so they can be presents with money from my dad.

Diane-crewe said...

you can NEVER have enough or too much fabric !! BUT there is nothing wrong with sorting and using up what you can xx well done for January x

Katy Cameron said...

Well done you! I've only ordered some solids for a charity quilt, and some panels that Blueberry Handmade had in a late destash (because I can't leave hand printed fabric behind for some reason)

Ada Kopitopoulou said...

You did very well, congratulations! I think that I am not ready yet for fabriholics anonymous. Can't commit yet!!

Helenjean said...

January seems to be the month of lurgys and all things sickness. Some fabric should be bought to aid recovery. (so i am telling myself)

Helenjean said...

January seems to be the month of lurgys and all things sickness. Some fabric should be bought to aid recovery. (so i am telling myself)