Saturday, 1 March 2014

Too Busy To Blog!

Things have been a little hectic around here. Hectic in a good positive way. I think it will mean for the time being at least there are less blog posts, but longer ones when I do! I am frustrated by the lack of sewing. Whilst not sewing I've been busy hatching away plans for future sewing.

Last Sunday Chief and I went to Otmoor. There was slight confusion when I mistook the time he was likely to arrive. So when he did I was still in bed and then had a mad dash to get dressed and go out!

This was our first visit to Otmoor this year and the floods had started to recede. Only just though. I was still grateful for putting on wellies to wade through certain sections where the path was flooded.


Otmoor February 2014
Me at Otmoor

Otmoor February 2014
Thank goodness for wellies!

Otmoor February 2014
Still flooded at Otmoor

Otmoor February 2014
Can you spot the skylark? One of three we saw at Otmoor this visit.

Monday I was back to school. It was quite strange to find myself at a conference at my old school, sat in a room that used to be my 6th form form room! I now find myself part of another committee!  

Wednesday was Mum's birthday. Last year she had a milestone birthday but both of us were too ill to celebrate so I thought we should make up for it this year. 

IMG_0981

Last night Graffiti Classics performed out my local village hall. I went along with a friend. We were really lucky to find that we'd been allocated front row seats. It was a great night and they're great entertainment if you get chance to see them. About half an hour before the event was due to start I was asked to take pictures at the event. We didn't have permission (because nobody has asked!) to take pics of the entertainment; I was asked to take some other event pics. I hadn't got the right camera gear ready so had to take a back up camera and only took about three shots! Well I was there to enjoy the event.

Graffiti Classics Event at Holton Village Hall

Today I decided to have a rest after the supermarket shop. Only the sun was out and it felt like a good bird day.  So I went off with my camera to see what I could see. I lose track of time when I do this. Invariably worrying Mum who assumes after I've been gone for hours I've fallen over and broke my leg or something! The highlight of the day was seeing not one but two tree creepers working an old tree. A field on and the bird song noise from a huge mixed flock was deafening!

Treecreeper
Can you spot the tree creeper?

Treecreeper

Tomorrow I have a family lunch to celebrate Mum's birthday.  I may just fit some sewing in if I don't sleep. 

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are well and up and about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am glad you are happily busy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you're having lots of fun - lovely to hear you so chirpy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bird photos, hope your mum had a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha Helen ! Love a tree creeper but more likely to see a nuthatch in my garden !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you're having fun out and about. I wouldn't have been lugging my camera kit to a concert either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if you're not blogging so much, you are certainly having lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you are enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)